Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Utah Trip

Our family took a trip up to Utah at the end of July. We started out trip off at about 3:00 am and got to our final destination of West Jordan at around 7:30 pm. Yes it was a long day in the car but the kids did great. We had to make multiple stops to feed Brooke and we also made a stop to visit my sister April and her daughter and a visit to Kevin's second cousin Shelby and her family. We had some great visits and it helped to let Garrett run around and get some wiggles out. We started our vacation by having a wonderful BBQ at Wayne's house with fireworks to celebrate the 24th of July. It was great fun with great food and wonderful friends. Wayne also recently bought rock band so while everyone else was outside enjoying the fireworks my good friend Debra and I decided to try out rock band with no one watching. We had a blast. I was playing drums and Deb was singing. We were busting up laughing at what a awful job we and loved every minute of it. During our time in Utah we stayed with our friends David and Sonya. It was so much fun staying with them. We would stay up late playing games and talking and enjoyed some wonderful meals thanks to them. We love them and can't ever get enough time with them since them moved away. We had a wonderful week with them. We also enjoyed swimming, playing in the water fountain at the Gateway, visiting the dinosaur museum, walking through some awesome houses in the Parade of Homes and rocking out to Rock Band all night long.
We also got together with my friends Megan and Debra from high school and their kids for a nice evening of homemade barbecue pizza and smores. It was so much fun to watch the kids play and to catch up with each other. Megan even pulled out some of our pictures from high school and had us all laughing at some of the things we did.
Kevin was also very good to me and let me go out for an evening to hang out with Deb and our friend Jason. We enjoyed a nice dinner and fun conversation at La Vigna. Again it was fun to get together with old friends and catch up.
It was a great trip and the kids had a wonderful time. We always love the time we have to visit with these friends and always create great memories when we get together.

Sorry I can't find my picture from this trip so maybe they will make it later.

2 comments:

debra said...

You're a blogging machine today! Wahoo!

This was a fun trip because I got to see you lots! And btw, you spelled the name of the restaurant wrong that we went to w/ Jason :) I still can't believe we ate there!

We'll have to have more fun when you're here in January too!

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Debra I do believe that I spelled the name the same way that it looks on the restaurant. I think you are thinking about what you call the lovely restaurant. La VAGINA! Yes that's what you call it and even though you hate it we did get you to eat there!