Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kevin's Birthday

Kevin's birthday was back in August and if you read in a previous blog he got a new surfboard for his birthday. Well I couldn't just let his birthday pass by without any type of celebration. How fun would that be? So the morning of his birthday I decided that I would come up with 31 presents that would reflect things he enjoys. So to say the least the day was spent thinking of the items and then finding them and wrapping them. The items consisted of things like clothes, favorite candies and snacks, favorite drinks, games, books, movies, etc. I made an extra effort to wrap each item individually and I used a bunch of my scrap decorated paper and ribbons. Kevin came home in the middle of the wrapping process and helped watch the kids so I could finish. It was great the look on his face as I started to bring out his gifts and continued to bring out more and more. He started to get worried about just how much money I had spent on him. As soon as he started opening the presents he knew he had nothing to worry about and just enjoyed all of the gifts. To end the evening we all went out to dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant Yamas. I hope Kevin had a wonderful birthday celebration.

No comments: