Friday, July 11, 2008

Traditions


Almost 2 months again we welcomed our new baby girl Brooke into our family and about a month ago we blessed this wonderful baby. Now I am not the best Mom at taking pictures of my family. I am great at taking the camera places but just fail at actually using it to capture our memories. I believe I have started our own little tradition. For both of my children I have taken the camera to church on their blessing day in hopes to document this wonderful occasion but to no avail come home with nothing. So each time I have dressed my little darlings back into their blessing outfits a few weeks after the occasion to take their pictures. I just wanted to share with you their wonderful blessing outfits. Long ago I decided that I would love to take my wedding dress and turn it into something useful. I have never been one to seen the importance of storing a lovely wedding dress. I mean are you really going to pull it out again and wear it. And do you really think that your daughter is going to wear it. I decided that I would love to have my children's baby blessing outfits made from my dress. With the help of my wonderfully skilled mother, (she did all the work I just came up with the idea) here are the finished products. Now my wedding dress has brought me many more memories and hopefully I can pass these little outfits down to my children's children.

Garrett in his blessing outfit April 2005

Brooke in her blessing gown June 2008

7 comments:

Sheri Ferrell said...

Katie, I love the pictures of the kids. What a better way to use your wedding dress. You have a very talented mother.

Ashley said...

I think that is such a good idea. And the outfits look so professional.

You are right Garrett did have the chubbiest little checks back then, but it is so cute.

celesteb said...

They were both so beautiful on their special day. Brooke is gorgeous.

Candace said...

Hello Katie,
I am not sure if you remember me, but we met at Heather's baby shower. Your little girl is so cute. Congratulations on your new little addition.
Candace -Ashley's Cool Sister-In-Law

Heather and Spencer said...

First off, how did I not know that you had a blog!?!? Second, I love this idea! I am one of those who doesn't want anything to happen to my wedding dress...because I will never wear it again, I know. But maybe when we have a girl I can bring myself to do this, I really love this idea! The outfits both look great!

Zen Mama said...

What a beautiful tradition! (the kids aren't so bad, either, wink wink)

Allison said...

great idea. believe it or not, my wedding dress almost got a 2nd life a month ago when my friend's wedding dress seamstress failed her royally. i sent my dress out there and it was her back up dress ... until dress # 5 pulled through 6 days before the wedding. buuut, that's a story for another day.