Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sweet Spirit of a Child



A few weeks ago all the family got together out at my parents house to celebrate everyone's birthdays for Jan and Feb. While there Brooke and I were sitting on my Mom's couch in the front room and Brooke started getting really excited while looking at the side table. I noticed there was a dish full of colorful M&Ms and thought that must but what she wants. As she leans over the side of the couch to get closer I notice that she is getting excited of the picture that is on the table. I picked up the picture my Mom had sitting there, which was of Jesus Christ. Brooke got so excited and started talking and touching the picture. Then the cutest thing happened. She leaned over and started giving kisses to Jesus. As I sat there watching this my heart was touch by the Spirit. What a wonderful feeling it is to know that my 8 month old baby girl knows who Jesus Christ is and the great love she has for Him. For you to fully appreciate this story you need to know that my daughter does not give kisses. So for her to so willingly do this meant that she knew exactly who was in the picture. I am so gratefully for the spiritual experience that I was able to share with my daughter and for the knowledge that I have that Jesus Christ is my Savior.

8 comments:

debra said...

Such a sweet story, and now you have it documented!

I truly do believe the veil is thinner for little ones, and only as thin as we make it. Your little Brooke proves that to me!

Love you!

Zen Mama said...

Such a beautiful story -- thanks for sharing!

Allison said...

Thank you Brooke for reminding us what is really important

Megan said...

Don't you wish that we could remember the things that they do? What a sweet baby girl you have, and how awesome that you got to experience it with her.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing that, Katie. Wow.

Unknown said...

That's a great story Katie... I'm glad to see you posted. Hope things are going well...

Ashley said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!

The Faris Family said...

That is so sweet! You gotta love the innocence of children! She obviously remembers who He is.